Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Monday, February 26, 2018

Judged undergrad Mock Trial yesterday. Mad props to Jon Lines and Peter Yacobucci -- the Buffalo State students that I teach along with them can stand in the room with any of the students I saw yesterday.

It's a funny thing about teaching: I've been doing it for a long time now, and one of the big things I've learned is that it really doesn't matter where your students start-- as long as you gear your starting place to their abilities you can move them to the place where they can excel. I judged two rounds, so I saw 24 students in all. I find that I don't really care about where the students are from, for the most part, but two of the teams I saw were from medium-fancy colleges, and they comported themselves very well. (Overheard at lunch: "How come these kids are so much better than the guys I see in court every day? Most of those guys don't seem like they should be able to find their way into their own socks.")

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?