Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Carnegie Deli isn't my favorite-- my heart will always belong to Katz's, perhaps literally should my ultimate demise be attributed to cured meats. Even so, the Carnegie is an essential institution. At one time I could pretty much count on being able to get a pastrami sandwich within a few blocks of anywhere I was likely to be in New York. (Pastrami Queen in Kew Gardens made appearing in Supreme Court, Queens County worth the tsouris.) Some of the greats are long gone-- most of them, really. Every now and then I think of Wolf's, and mourn. The Carnegie is a cultural institution that is as important to New York as Lincoln Center, the Bronx Zoo, or the Esplanade in Brooklyn Heights, and I hope I haven't eaten my last sandwich there.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?