Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Friday, April 10, 2015

The Stones are just about the only act I would even consider seeing at a football stadium, and I did consider it, but then I thought better of it. A substantial factor was cost: a half yard is a lot of kale. In the end though it wasn't so much that as it was the idea that I would be able to see them better on dvd, hear them better on CD or vinyl, and do either in greater comfort in my house, with my choice of beer and my choice of things to eat. In a way this makes me sad, like catching a look at myself in a mirror and wondering who that old guy is before realizing it's me. I don't want to see Fleetwood Mac at a hockey arena. I don't want to be any further away from Bob Dylan than I was the last time-- roughly 25 feet away is my outer limit. I love live music, but I will be confining my future excursions to the smaller venues from now on. Mick and Keef and Charlie and Ronnie can't rock me at a show when I'm three blocks away.


| Comments:
Amen. Came to the same conclusion when I saw Pearl Jam at the then-HSBC in 2011. Spent the whole show thinking it would both look and sound better in my living room. I can't imagine how awful a stadium show would be. Unless you're right up there you'll be watching a screen anyway.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?