Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Whether we needed it or not we now have Bob Dylan singing "Full Moon and Empty Arms". What's

it like? Well, you could go listen to it, and I expect you will, but to me it is oddly pretty, like someone's grandfather, backed by a really sharp Country & Western band. There are some notes he strains for, but on the whole it is a sincere take on a song that he must have heard thousands of times growing up, based, of course, on a theme by "Rocky" Rachmaninoff. This is roots music for Dylan-- before Buddy Holly, before Harry Smith's Anthology of American Folk Music-- this is what he was listening to. Do I need to hear a whole album of Bob Dylan singing standards? Uh, I bought Another Self Portrait the day it came out. Of course I need to hear this.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?