Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Further to my musings on Eric Clapton's No Reason to Cry, sort of: out of nowhere I had the urge to hear what Ronnie Wood's solo stuff sounds like. I'd never had the opportunity to hear I've Got My Own Album To Do , and now I'm going to hunt it up, because Spotify has Gimme Some Neck and it sounds like the really good Keith Richards solo project that we will never have. The Clapton connection is Dylan, of course: at around the same time ol' Bob gave E.C. the song about the sandwich he gave Ronnie a rocker called "Seven Days". We got Dylan's version on Bootleg Series Vol.1-3, and it's fine, but nobody ever asked, "Why hasn't this been on an album before?" Ronnie's version, on the other had, is terrific, a Stones style rocker that I wish I'd known about years ago.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?