Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Monday, August 27, 2012

It is kind of a truism that male political candidates' wives are likable, and serve to soften the image of their husbands, but I'm not so sure that this is true, and even if it was true I'm not so sure that it would be a good thing. One of the things to like about grumpy ol' Bob Dole was that his wife was as capable as he was. Even though Hillary voted for the Iraq war, I like the Clintons because they have a marriage of equals. I have a hunch that Elizabeth Edwards was smarter than John, and I can't have been the only one that wished she'd been the candidate. It is impossible to not love Michelle Obama. On the other hand, Barbara Bush (looks like George Washington, rides a broom); Marilyn Quayle (smarter than Dan, also more unpleasant); Cindy McCain (don't you feel a little sorry for her? Her husband is nasty and abusive, and all she did to deserve him was to break up his first marriage and be rich. The heiress daughter of a brewing empire deserves better.); and let's not forget Laura Bush (I hate her most of all. She was the single person who knew best of how ill-equipped her hapless husband was for the job, but stood by and let it happen.)

Nobody remembers Kitty Dukakis, except for the part about her husband fumbling a question about a hypothetical rape. She seems like a person who has had more than her share of unhappiness in her life. I kind of like Teresa Heinz, because she reminds me of the Bob Dylan lyric-- "I can't help it if I'm lucky". She would have done well to have told her husband to grow a spine.

And comes now Ann Romney, and her dancing horsie. I can't wait for this speech. Ann Romney has done nothing-- nothing-- in her life except to catch Mittens' eye. The evidence is that she is a horrible person-- what kind of a woman gets married in a ceremony her parents are forbidden to attend? I have never heard her say anything intelligent, and in fact everything I have ever heard her say strongly suggests that she is exactly the sort of hateful rich chick who thinks that her family's money is all the legitimization she needs. This is going to be great.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?