Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I am pretty much indifferent to the NBA, but the lockout story is interesting. The players have moved to decertify the union, and will be bringing an antitrust action (I'm guessing in the Southern District of New York). I'm even less of an antitrust lawyer than I am an NBA fan, but it seems to me that the other sports leagues out there might want to get with the NBA owners and persuade them to find a way to compromise this. With the possible exception of baseball, which has the advantage of a Supreme Court decision directly on point, pretty much all sports leagues are vulnerable to antitrust claims. Hell, the NFL lost when the USFL sued, resulting in a $1 verdict that was automatically trebled. This is not a path the NBA should want to tread, and the NFL and the NHL should be screaming.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?