Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

All my life I've wondered about this boid, who appears on bumper stickers, on Nigel Tufnel's guitar and as a tattoo on Nick Cage in "Raising Arizona". I knew that it was some sort of gearhead thing, but what? Was this "Thrush" related to the THRUSH in "The Man From U.N.C.L.E."? What did Woody Woodpecker have to do with all this? Driving home last night I was stopped at a tollbooth behind a minivan with a peculiar assortment of bumperstickers: "You Haven't Worked Full-Time Until You've Been a Mom", Eden Softball, and this woodpecker boid, and I was finally moved to Google it-- something I should have done years ago. There are apparently several of these boids. One is named Mr. Horsepower and is the logo of Clay Smith Cams. Another is the Thrush Bird-- Thrush makes mufflers. Apparently the difference is that Mr. Horsepower smokes a cigar. Walter Lantz asked for permission to use Mr. Horsepower's likeness for Woody Woodpecker, so Mr. H is the original. I'm still not sure where Thrush fits in with all this. Awesome tat though.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?