Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, December 30, 2010

I'm coming around to the idea that the Hall of Fame should be more inclusive. As Joe Posnanski puts it, I think I'm a Big Hall of Fame guy.  I also think that if I got a ballot I'd be inclined to use all ten votes. On this year's ticket I'd go for Tim Raines, Robby Alomar, Dave Parker, Dale Murphy, Edgar Martinez, Alan Trammell, Bert Blyleven, Jeff, Bagwell, and Harold Baines.  Over on this thread I wrestle with the Mark McGwire question. I suppose his eventual election is inevitable, and given his ability to get on base I guess he is, as someone suggests, two dimensional, and therefore more than merely the Dave Kingman clone I think of him as. McGwire's numbers make him a closer call than a lot of people think, but they seem to qualify, if barely. Apples to apples? He's going in at some point. I hope he goes in with Bonds, and I hope he gives a shout-out to Jose Canseco when he does.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?