Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, December 09, 2010

I did not know that the Saratoga Race Course is the oldest sporting venue of any kind in the United States, and I'm not sure I would have guessed it, although it makes a certain kind of sense. I suppose I might have guessed Churchill Downs.  In any event, the Spa is endangered because it depends on revenues from New York City's OTB, and OTB is over. I've never been clear on how New York's OTB is set up: apparently there are (or were) five regional corporations. I'm guessing that odds were standardized across each, and I think that it is odd that they went about it in such a piecemeal way.  The cost-inefficiencies seem pretty obvious, but at least for the time being I can continue to take a Triple Crown tingle among the local gentry.  "Excuse me, m'lord.  You appear to have become disconnected from your oxygen tank."

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?