Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Monday, November 22, 2010

Even though I don't need to go anywhere, I'm tempted to fly somewhere on Wednesday, just to participate in the body scan protest.

Here's how it breaks down for me, I guess. There are things that the Obama Administration hasn't done that disappoint me. I'd like GitMo closed, now. I'd like an unequivocal rejection of torture. I'd like the door slammed on Don't Ask/Don't Tell (and the repeal of the odious Defense of Marriage Act). I'd like it if Obama were better at getting his message out, instead of being consistently outflanked by Blue Dogs, Republicans and nuts with radio and television shows. I could go on-- I have a long list. But what I really want is to be able to keep my shoes on when I'm in an airport. I'd like to bring my tube of frickin' lip balm on the plane. I'd like it if I got the sense that Obama thought that people are smarter than the Bush Administration believed, and quit subjecting us to the stupid security theater we've been living with. Code Orange. Please. I'd like it if the President said, "This is stupid. Sorry for the inconvenience," instead of saying that body scans and pat downs are the only effective security measures available, because you know what? I don't believe it. And I hate being played for a chump.

| Comments:
I didn't believe in these shoes off, pat down reg.s either except the nut jobs really did have explosives in their shoes and underwear. So my attitude now is to let it happen. It beats having to "show your papers" at every travel point as if we were in some occupied country. Or maybe that's what we should do ?????
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?