Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Sunday, August 01, 2010


For a variety of reasons I have held off commenting on the charges that have been brought against my friend Lawrence Brose. He has been the target of several ugly and unfair columns by the Arts editor and the Arts columnist of the Buffalo News, and I have engaged both of them in private email exchanges, calling them out on it. After the last go-round I was asked by the editor of Afterimage, the publication of Visual Studies Workshop, a non-profit media arts center located in Rochester, New York, to write something to present a more balanced view, and now it has appeared.

The bottom line for a lot of people seems to be that the nature of the claimed offense trumps all other considerations. I've been surprised and disappointed by the reaction to this thing, but I suppose I shouldn't have been.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?