Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Friday, April 09, 2010

One of my first college classes was Professor Edward Janosik's Introduction to American Politics, and on the first test he gave us there was a section where he listed names and we had to identify them. One of the names on the list was John Paul Stevens, who'd just been nominated for the Supreme Court Seat which Justice Douglas had vacated. Back then Supreme Court nominations were less splashy affairs, I think. Not everyone in the class got that question, I remember that, and I can't imagine that happening today. I hope Justice Stevens enjoys a long, healthy retirement, and plays tennis to the end. And I hope the President picks the youngest, most liberal woman he can find to replace him. Stevens was a class act all the way.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?