Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Saturday, July 11, 2009

I am all about Lawyers in Movies these days, in preparation for my class, and this makes me want to watch any kind of movie whatsoever that doesn't have a lawyer in it. "North by Northwest" doesn't quite qualify-- there is a lawyer on hand to defend Cary Grant from a DWI charge-- but even so, it is close to time for me to watch it again. "Here, you see", Hitchcock said to Truffaut, "the MacGuffin has been boiled down to its purest expression: nothing at all!" Sadly, the article that I posted to here is no longer up. I love the idea that "North By Northwest isn't a film about what happens to Cary Grant, it's about what happens to his suit. The suit has the adventures, a gorgeous New York suit threading its way through America." Still, I like what Michael Wood seems to be saying in this piece also.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?