Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Saturday, June 13, 2009

I should have posted this last week, when I first saw it, but the fact that it has stayed with me this long means that I really have to mention it now, before it is lost to the shifting sands. I love the NYTimes, for all its stuffiness, but since Russell Baker retired you'd have to say that it is a publication that is sense of humor-deprived. This piece, about Statuary Hall in the United States Capitol, made me laugh aloud.

"Statuary Hall is an exclusive club, but its members are not all well remembered. Most people in Hawaii would recognize King Kamehameha I and Father Damien of Molokai. But it would be hard to fill a schoolbus with New Yorkers who know Robert Livingston, one of the lesser founding fathers, and George Clinton, not the guy with Parliament Funkadelic, but the other one who was Thomas Jefferson’s vice president."

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?