Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Saturday, May 16, 2009

"So, who do you like in the Preakness?" A asked as we were taking LCA to dance. "I don't know if I'm going to play it," I said. "Why not?" asked LCA.

"The filly is 8-5. That's no kind of play. She probably is the best horse. Mine That Bird is going to be under a different jock-- Calvin Borel is on the filly-- and people are saying that he got a great ride and a break from the track that he probably won't get today. I don't think the Preakness is a race that's going to be won by stalking, and there is no evidence that Mine That Bird can go wire-to-wire. I like the horse, but the money is short there, too. I don't think Pioneerof the Nile is a closer...."

"You must have studied," Lillian said, "And in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me...."

"And know you know why handicapping is so difficult," I said.

I'm leaning towards Big Drama.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?