Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Monday, July 21, 2008

Up early yesterday to take CLA to the airport for her Dutch adventure. When I got home I didn't really feel like running. It was one of those days where it was either going to be raining or so humid that rain would be a welcome relief, and hot on top of it. On the other hand, I knew I was going to want to have a refreshing beer, so I had to find something to do in order to justify it. After due deliberation, as the judges say, I resolved to tame unruly nature. The Garden Walk is next weekend. There are a number of Garden Walk houses on our block, and although nobody is likely to mistake Big Pink for one of them, I feel like we should make some effort. ("What happened here?" "I don't know. Maybe it's abandoned." "No, I think that tramp on the porch must live there." "Quiet, I think he's looking at us!")

At the Olmsted gala Friday I learned that the wet spring and summer we've had has been terrific for the trees-- Conservancy President David Culligan became quite animated telling me about how there'd be double growth rings this year. It has been such a lush summer that even our yard has a reasonable lawn, and I went at it with zeal, mowing, trimming and edging. I should probably take the whole thing the next step, and fertilize, and overseed this fall. I'm close to winning my long horrible struggle with the yard, but I doubt that I will be this motivated again until September.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?