Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I want a bumper sticker that says, "Don't Blame Me, I Voted for Suozzi". I am of half a mind to haul my Suozzi lawn sign out of the basement, actually. A. says, "I am trying not to see this as an example of why change is impossible," and that more or less captures my mood about the whole mess. When Spitzer picked David Patterson as his running mate I was not pleased (although, oddly, I appear to have been silent on the subject). Patterson seemed then, and seems now, like the sort of insider figure that has brought New York to the state of dysfunction it presently enjoys. His credentials are dubious: he never passed the bar exam, but his official bio says he was a Queens County Assistant District Attorney. That doesn't sit well with me, although the thing that I dislike most is that he is part of the New York Legislature culture-- and a member of the State Senate, which is arguably the worst of the two chambers. Spitzer wasn't getting a lot of traction with his reform proposals, and was mired in some ugly stuff with Senate Majority Leader Bruno, but his organization was quietly pulling control of the Senate away from Bruno and the Republican Party. I'm afraid that momentum may be lost, and that we are going to sink back into business as usual, or worse.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?