Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Friday, February 22, 2008

For a long time I resisted the sides Miles Davis made after "Jack Johnson" on the grounds that I couldn't tell where Miles ended and Teo Macero began. I am more open minded now-- fact is that jazz is a collaborative art, and although Miles is (properly) viewed as a leader, he was a collaborator throughout his career. His collaborations with Macero are every bit as legitimate as the work he did with Gil Evans and Wayne Shorter. I was surprised to see Macero's obit in the Times today-- who'd have thought he was still alive? I'll go home and play "In A Silent Way" tonight, and if I get through the weekend without buying "Live/Evil" or "Down On The Corner" it'll be a surprise. So long, Teo, and thanks.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?