Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Funny to think how the scales even out for Joe Zawinul. On the one hand, "Mercy, Mercy, Mercy", and "In A Silent Way" and "Bitches Brew". I'll even give you "Birdland". On the other hand,Weather Report. Is it possible to measure what a loss it was that Wayne Shorter spent so much of his career in a band that sounded so rinky-dink? Zawinul has to take the rap for a lot of fusion, and a lot of electric piano. "Asked last year how he found his young sidemen, he answered: 'They find me, man. All these kids in my band, they knew me from since they were young. Like I grew up with Ellington and Count Basie, they grew up with Weather Report.'" Exactly.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?