Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Friday, August 10, 2007

The Art of Jazz series is looking ambitious this year: The Carl Allen – Rodney Whitaker Project; The Tord Gustavsen Trio; The Lionel Loueke Trio; James "Blood" Ulmer; The Vijay Iyer Quartet; and The Russell Malone Quartet. As usual, some I know, and some I've never heard of. The ones I know are all artists I've been interested in seeing for some time, and the ones I've never heard of I trust Bruce Eaton on. I'm pleased to see that Jim Santella is slated to give a pre-show talk, too. Dick Judelson-- "Dr. Jazz" has been involved with this program from the start, but more WBFO involvement would be a good thing for both the Art of Jazz and WBFO. I'm also excited by the fact that the slate has an international flavor again this year. Bruce has turned Buffalo into a jazz destination, at least for the artists, and that is a pretty cool accomplishment.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?