Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A site I used to read quite a bit before I started Outside Counsel was Synthetic Zero, a very thoughtful piece of work, similar to Lemon Yellow. For a while now I've been trying to remember the details of a parable Mitsu had posted some time back; last night, after poking around in his archives I wrote to him and asked where it could be found. Here it is:

"There is a story about the two greatest swordsmakers in ancient Japan. It was said if you held a sword made by the second greatest swordsmaker in a stream, it would cut a leaf in half as it floated by. But if you held the sword of the greatest swordsmaker, the leaves would flow around the blade, unharmed."

I had forgotten the context, which made revisiting it moving and interesting. (And thanks, Mitsu, for getting back to me).

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?