Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

On the way to the Boilermaker last year Weather Report's "Birdland" popped onto the playlist Tom had made for the occassion. This morning as I was driving into work I got the Cannonball Adderley Quintet's "Why Am I Treated So Bad?". It's funny to think about guys like Wayne Shorter or Adderly-- Miles Davis alumnus!-- playing such rinky-dink stuff, even if it is catchy. What could account for it? The answer, of course, is right there, on keyboards: Joe Zawinul. I don't know why these things are such guilty pleasures; if they were rock instrumentals I'd feel less ambivilent, I think. It's just odd to hear the guy who recorded "Something Else", or the guy who recorded "Speak No Evil" working in this sort of pop vein.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?