Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Friday, December 02, 2005

My daughters were talking about the Narnia books the other day: we mostly have the same favorites, although the orders differ. I'd say that I like "The Magician's Nephew", "The Silver Chair" and "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" best, but CLA surprised me by saying that "The Horse and His Boy" would make her top three. She concedes that it is horribly racist, but she likes the animal characters, and she likes Archenland, which is sort of the Narnian Canada, except without hockey. The problem of race in Narnia doesn't end in book five-- "The Last Battle" is even worse, I'd say. It is also, by far, the weakest book in the series, and the one that I imagine is the least read. (Thanks to Bookslut for the link.)

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?