Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, October 27, 2005

I'm sure there will be speculation about whether she jumped or was pushed, but from the little we know about her, it seems to me that Harriet Miers was at least lawyer enough to know when to walk away. This adminstration has not demonstrated any willingness to re-think or re-trench, and I doubt that that is what happened this time. The more likely explanation is that Ms. Miers took one for the team. I didn't like her for the Court because it seemed entirely reasonable to me that she was a crypto-strict constructionist nut-- Clarance Thomas in a skirt, (or size 6 shoes, if you prefer), but it also seemed to me that the mockery she was subjected to would have been pretty hard for anyone to take.

What'll we get now? That's easy: with Bush's base in an uproar, we will get something worse.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?