Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Monday, October 10, 2005

I thought it was odd that the Nobel Prize in Literature hadn't been announced-- usually the Peace Prize is last, and I thought perhaps I'd missed the lit prize. Turns out they have delayed the announcement. I am not familiar with the work of either the Syrian poet or the Turkish novelist. Seems to me that this would be a good year for an American Jew-- Roth would mean that Mailer and Zimmerman are probably out of the running for good, but there'd be no disputing his qualifications. Roth has an international perspective that is unusual in American writers, but I suspect that the Swedish Academy is as pissed off at the US as everybody else, and awarding the prize to a Middle Eastern or Muslim writer would send an interesting message. (Thanks to Bookslut for the heads up.)

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?