Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

One of the summer jobs I had when I was in high school was Weekend Steward at the Bay Shore Yacht Club. I was, of course, spectacularly incompetent at this job, which really amounted to swabbing out the clubhouse in the morning, keeping the bathrooms clean, and running up the flags of the Commodore, the Vice Commodore or the Rear Commodore when these personages were on the premises. There are a lot of stories I could tell about the various ways I was incompetent at this gig-- which was a pretty soft billet, but I think I'll pass on those for now. My point in mentioning this at all is that this summer janitorial gig left me feeling vaguely nautical ever after-- maybe not Gene Kelly in a sailor suit, but kinda salty all the same. So if Scheherazade wants a link to the Portland Yacht Club's Racing Web Page, well, from one old salt to another, ahoy. Or avast. Or something.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?