Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Saturday, June 25, 2005

I only met Donna Fernandes once, briefly-- her time as president of the Buffalo Zoo came at the end of A's main involvement with the parks. I always wanted to spend a little more time with her, since we had in common out time in Brooklyn, and because she impressed me as an intelligent, committed person. Her departure from Buffalo has been in the wind for a while, and I can't say I blame her, but she leaves the Zoo a better place, and she leaves the community an example. Even as Frank Clark is huffing and puffing about why he is entitled to a county car, Ms. Fernandes took a pay cut, and declined performance bonuses that she was entitled to. This is what a class act does-- she never tried to put the bad news off on anybody else, and she never asked anybody to do something that she wasn't willing to do her self. No wonder she is leaving-- Buffalo must seem like another planet to someone like that. I wish Fresno wanted a District Attorney, or a County Legislature instead of a zoo director.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?