Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, May 19, 2005

My business concluded, I had time to check out Danny Meyer's Shake Shack, and see what all the fuss is about. Perhaps not a hamburger epiphany, but mighty good I'd say. I had the Shack burger, which has lettuce, a slice of tomato that tasted like tomato, American cheese and "Shack Sauce"-- Russian dressing, more or less, a piquant accompaniment . I don't know where else in the city they have frozen custard, which is what they make their shakes from, but I passed on a shake and had a Duvel instead (they were out of Brooklyn Pils). I'd order the fries again, but only once more-- these crinkle cuts seemed like they might have potential, but my particular batch had been under the heat lamp too long. The burger was just right-- it came medium, juicy and delicious. I have to be in the mood for a hot dog, but the place also features a Chicago style dog that sounded tempting. Absolutely worth going back to-- the setting, in Madison Square Park, across the street from the Appellate Division, First Department, is one of my favorite corners of the city, and the burger lived up to its billing.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?