Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Friday, May 13, 2005

"I still feel like the same person," Dylan told the photographer Richard Avedon's collaborator Doon Arbus in 1997, talking about the milieu where from 1960 to 1965 he did his work. "One of the feelings of it was that you were part of a very elite, special group that was outside and downtrodden. You felt like you were part of a different community, a more secretive one. And this community spread out across America ... every little city you went to, if you knew who to call, what to look for, you could find ... like-minded people.

"That's been destroyed. I don't know what destroyed it. Some people say it's still there. I hope it is. I know, in my mind, that I'm still a member of a secret community. I might be the only one, you know?"

I just don't see any way around it: I'm reading Greil Marcus' book this weekend.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?