Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, April 07, 2005

The Clash, "Give 'Em Enough Rope". If this came out today it would be a monster. Seriously, I doubt that there is a band working that could touch this for its passion, or its humor, or on depth of material. Not a bad cut on it, and yet this is, I think, sort of a neglected work by The Last Band In The World That Mattered. It was their first US release, you may recall, although the people that followed this sort of thing all got "The Clash" as an import, or got ahold of a tape. "London Calling" was the masterpiece, of course, and "The Clash" is the classic, but "Give 'Em Enough Rope" has "Stay Free", which still gives me chills, and "Safe European Home", which still cracks me up, and "Drug-Stabbing Time" and "English Civil War"-- actually, I sat there saying, "This is one of my favorites," the whole time it was on.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?