Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Monday, March 21, 2005

This is how it goes, sometimes: Plan A was to go to Steve Earle tonight, but I didn't get tix because I also had a 3:30 court appearance in the Southern District. When I tried to book my flight to NYC, however, I found that although I could get there, I could not return that night. I asked for and got an adjournment on my Southern District event, but everyone who had expressed interest in Steve Earle had other commitments, so that's out. Now I find that if I'd been obliged to stay over in the City I could have gone to a panel featuring Greil Marcus, Christopher Ricks, (Oxford Professor of Poetry, and author of "Blonde on Blonde") and Sean Wilentz, (Professor of History, Princeton University, "Blam De Lam: On Bob Dylan's Chronicles, Volume One")at The Heyman Center for the Humanities at Columbia University for "An Evening of Talk on Bob Dylan". As Bob says: "In the dime stores and bus stations,/People talk of situations,/Read books, repeat quotations,/Draw conclusions on the wall." So that could have been Plan B. Plan C? I have a feeling it will have something to do with left over pasta con sarde.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?