Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, March 17, 2005

A friend had to return a video last Saturday, and proposed that we meet at Coles to enjoy a Bear Republic Racer IPA. Of course I was happy to be of assistance in this way, and made the necessary arrangements. As I entered the bar I saw a large form come upon me. I was hoisted by my jacket up against the bar and found myself face to face with a lawyer acquaintance, the very embodiment of the sort of large Irish kid that used to plague my existence in grade school, all grown up to the full hod carrying size of his noble ancestors. "I just want to say," he roared, "Thank you for what you wrote!"

It seems that his office has come under some unwelcome scrutiny of late, he'd read a post of mine about it, and he'd found it fair. After I'd regained my composure we chatted a bit, but no confidences were revealed. One thing that he did say, however, struck me, and I am wondering about it today. How'd whatever is out today, the day before the Appellate Division hands down its decisions for the term, get out? Our glamour profession takes pride in our respect for confidentiality-- we aren't supposed to tell secrets. Who told? THere seems to be quite a lot of detail in the low buzz that's been going around-- where'd it come from?

I would think this would be something that the Fourth Department might like to know.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?