Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, March 31, 2005

David Johansen, "David Johansen". Johansen really does have one of the best voices in rock'n'roll, and, a goofball sense of humor that is appealing. These songs are full of hooks-- I woke up this morning with "Funky But Chic" stuck in my head, and it's not even my favorite cut. Unfortunately the sound on this is horrible: if you told me that none of the musicians on it were ever in the same room at the same time I'd believe it, and on top of that the mix is unpleasently murky. There really isn't a bad song on it, but I can't say that the set works as a whole because of the bad mix. Seriously, how many times have you heard an album and thought, "Oh well, maybe he'll release a live version that'll sound better"?

The Rolling Stones, "Some Girls". Stands with their best, I'd say. Not a bad cut on it, and really, how many Stones albums can that be said of? Is it the Stones side you'd play to introduce the Stones to someone? Probably not, but it is all there, everything that makes them great. I wish they'd put something like this out today-- I suppose they still could.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?