Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Interesting 10 Best Jazz releases list from Fred Kaplan; when we saw Matt Wilson I picked up several of his sides, but I went with the ones that featured the band we saw, not the Arts and Crafts ensemble. I've seen Wake Up! on a couple of lists, though, and I suppose I should expand my Matt Wilson holdings. I liked Chris Potter fine when I saw him with Dave Holland-- Lift: Live at the Village Vanguard sounds like it'd be worth having. The Keith Jarrett/Gary Peacock/Jack DeJohnette work, "The Out-of-Towners" also looks like it'd be good-- we saw DeJohnette a few years back and were suitably impressed.

I need a better system for picking up on jazz, I guess. Right now I am largely dependent on who Bruce Eaton is able to book, and although that works out fine, I think I'd feel more like a hipster if I were better attuned. Because then I would be more of a hipster, I suppose.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?