Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Just like Steely Dan sing, I've spent a lot of money and I've spent a lot of time-- at a number of things, actually, but what I'm thinking about is in music stores all over-- because you just never know what you are going to find. The thrill of the hunt is diminished now, somewhat, since the internet makes it easier to find a specific side, but even then there is the occasional triumphant find, and I just bagged one. EGA went to see Laura Cantrell in Northampton last year and reported that the proprietress of WFMU's "Radio Thriftshop" performed a cover of Hogey Charmichael's "Hong Kong Blues". I used to sing it to her as a lullaby, and, come to think of it, tracking down a recording of Hogey singing it filled a lot of time when I was supposed to be somewhere else back in the day. I wanted it, and now I have it. The rara avis is mine, and it can be found here.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?