Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Monday, October 04, 2004

Dylanology: Jacques Levy, Dylan's collaborator on some of the lyrics on "Desire", has died. (Dylan is exclusively responsible for "One More Cup of Coffee (Valley Below)" and "Sara"; Levy, who trained as a psychologist, gets some responsibility for "Oh Sister" and "Joey", to say nothing of "Isis" and the rest. Some of the worst Dylan songs ever-- pretentious drivel, Dylan being self important.) Levy is better known as the director of "Oh! Calcutta"; I had not realized that he'd directed Jerry Orbach in Bruce Jay Friedman's "Scuba Duba,".

I've mentioned before that I saw Dylan touring with the Rolling Thunder Review in support of "Desire"-- it was a great show, and a great band. I was stunned when the "Hard Rain" television special aired, sounding and looking like nothing like what I'd seen. With the benefit of hindsight I can now say that I like the "Hard Rain" album, but the songs Dylan was producing in these period are far from his best. Still, it must have been interesting being Jacques Levy, avant guarde theatrical director, lyricist, Dylan pal. He must have been killer diller at the Colgate University theater department.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?