Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

It's not a guilty pleasure, because I'm with Julia Child on those-- I have no guilt. Nevertheless, I'm a little sheepish about admitting to enjoying a television show, particularly a chick show. If "The Gilmore Girls" weren't so excellent, I'd never fess up to watching it, but it is really that good. It is funny, and engaging, and fast paced and witty-- and now my hero, Norman Mailer, is going to appear on an episode!

A few years back I went to a lecture Mailer gave at the 92nd Street Y, and afterwards I bought a copy of "The Time of Our Time" for him to sign. I told him the story about inviting him to my wedding so he'd write a dedication to A.-- something they'd carefully instructed us not to do. "Heh, heh, heh-- that's pretty good," the Lion of American Letters chuckled, as he wrote the dedication. (Thanks to Bookslut for the heads up.)

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?