Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Saturday, November 15, 2003

KRAC Captain Tom Knab has directed that we submit two lists: our personal top 10 most important rock'n'roll songs; and our personal top 10 most important rock'n'roll albums. With the stipulation that such lists are subject to constant revision based on whim and the vagaries of memory, here's where my list of songs stands this morning: (10) "Keep On Rockin In the Free World", Neil Young. I'm still waiting for the great Neil Young Song that this Republican administration will drive him to write-- this one, from the first time we had a Bush as President still says what it needs to say. (9) "And So It Goes" Nick Lowe. Is there a better power pop tune? I don't think so. (8) "Miss You" The Rolling Stones. There are dozens of indisputably greater Stones songs. This one gets me out on the floor every time, though, and if I can't have a dance tune, what's the point of rock'n'roll? (7) "Mississippi" Sheryl Crow. I like Dylan's version of his own song too, but this lets me in on the joke better. (6) "Reelin' in the Years", Steely Dan. Inspirational lyric: "You've been telling me you're a genius since you were 17/In all the time I've known you I still don't know what you mean." (5) "Between You And Me", Graham Parker. Carlene Carter does a version of this that I love too.(4) "Stay Free", The Clash. A song that doesn't really matter from the only band that does. (3) "Poor Girl", X. What a great band this was. (2) "We Gotta Get You A Woman" Todd Rundgren. Love the handclaps. (1) "Misunderstood" Pete Townsend and Ronnie Lane. My theme song.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?