Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, October 16, 2003

I had a cheeseburger at the Billy Goat Tavern before I left Chicago, but I must confess, it was with some misgiving. As a Mets fan, the discomfort of Cubs fans is pleasing to me; but as a Mets fan who is old enough to remember the '69 Mets, the Florida Marlins don't quite come into focus for me. So I felt a little funny giving my patronage to an institution which is said to be the source of the Cubs bad luck. As a place to get a burger ("no Coke-- beer, please") I'd have to rate the Billy Goat as all ambiance, and I'm sorry if I contributed in any way to the collapse of what had been, up to now, an exhilarating run. The prospect of facing Florida, who embarrassed the blighted Indians the last time they were in the Series, would be making me nuts if I were a Sox fan. It's probably less of a psych for the Yankees, but I don't know that it'll make that much difference: watching these Yanks, don't you get the feeling that this is the end for this bunch? This is a team that will have a completely different look when spring training rolls around. Florida Marlins-- what's that? It sounds like a high school team, or indoor lacrosse, or something.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?